Finishing New Wood
A Great Place to Begin
If your goal is to learn what it takes to create that beautiful finish you’ve been looking for on your projects and you are ready to get some "hands-on" time, I can help you gain more confidence with your wood finishing.
Together we will create a finishing curriculum, targeted to accomplish your specific wood finishing goals. You'll leave with your questions answered and your skills enhanced.
Some Topics You Will Explore
- Surface Preparation, hand and machine sanding
- Coloring wood using dyes, stains and dye stains
- How to choose and apply sealers and topcoats like shellac, lacquer, varnish, urethane and water base
- Advanced coloring techniques using glazes and toners
- Hand applied finishes (oils, French Polishing), brushing and spraying
- Rub out techniques to create sheen and a smooth texture
- And more…